Skip Navigation

Author
Thread New Thread / Reply to Thread
JackBurton[x]
TeamWarfare Vet
03-09-2012 10:07 AM / profile

I don't get why there was any confusion about the dates and times for the playoff matches.

In the rules under the 4v4 SQR section it clearly had the dates for the playoffs. This was in the 4v4 rule-set for the ENTIRE season.

We had questions about it as well, looked in the rules, found the dates, scrimmed all week to prepare, and then our opponent didn't show, we waited 30 minutes, setup screenshots, contacted admins in IRC, and filed a dispute as directed.

Now the opponent says they were waiting for a playoff schedule to be released and asked if they could setup something for Monday or Sunday.

I don't want to setup anything because someone didn't read rules and didn't contact an admin and didn't post in the match comms until AFTER the match was scheduled and the dispute was filed.

Does that sound bad?
SixShotSean
TeamWarfare Vet
Retired Sr. Staff
03-09-2012 10:30 AM / profile

Match comms were up for the 4v4 Playoffs Since Sunday. Your team had posted server information.

I have been answering Playoff questions all week, there have been multiple discussions about them in the forums.

Also, this isn't something you should really bring into the forums.
SixShotSean
JackBurton[x]
TeamWarfare Vet
03-09-2012 10:44 AM / profile

I'm asking people's opinion if this sounds like we are making a rational or irrational decision.

Hence,

Originally posted by: Me
Does that sound bad?

I'm not asking about our match to admins. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.
kawz
TWL Member
03-09-2012 10:50 AM / profile

Doesn't sound bad at all. I'd only setup something for Sun/Mon if "my" team could make it without having to adjust schedules and run around to get there. Basically if we were all going to be online anyway, then sure why not. Otherwise, FF loss for them.
SixShotSean
TeamWarfare Vet
Retired Sr. Staff
03-09-2012 10:52 AM / profile

Jack, I wanted everyone to be aware of how it was handled on my end. Because this could quickly get out of hand.
SixShotSean
kawz
TWL Member
03-09-2012 10:52 AM / profile

Actually no, I'd probably make them FF. For a team not to post in comms at all until after the match, they deserve whatever comes their way as a result.
.c.recon
TWL Member
03-09-2012 11:24 AM / profile

Originally posted by: kawz
Actually no, I'd probably make them FF. For a team not to post in comms at all until after the match, they deserve whatever comes their way as a result.

^^ This. It's crap if some team doesn't respond AT ALL and the responsible team has to suffer.

Needs to be some accountability here. And consequences for the lack of it.
Ackbar652
TWL Member
03-09-2012 04:01 PM / profile

It's also against the rules to play the league matches after their designated night. So rescheduling isn't really an option.
JackBurton[x]
TeamWarfare Vet
03-09-2012 04:38 PM / profile

Originally posted by: SixShotSean
Jack, I wanted everyone to be aware of how it was handled on my end. Because this could quickly get out of hand.

I understand. Kind of a pandora's box I guess if it went the bad route.

Luckily people understood what I was looking for and I don't feel so bad now.

@Area51: We were looking forward to the match, prepared all week, assumed everyone knew the dates and times and all that. This isn't personal to you guys and I hope you don't write us off as a team who likes to rule-fuck people.

We just want to concentrate on round2 right now, rescheduling wouldn't work for us since there isn't a guarantee of starters being here.

Thanks for understanding.
BlackZilla-
TWL Member
03-09-2012 06:20 PM / profile

ya and pandora only comes out of the box. she doesnt go back in. so thats something to think about.
JackBurton[x]
TeamWarfare Vet
03-10-2012 01:41 AM / profile

Originally posted by: bLacK-
ya and pandora only comes out of the box. she doesnt go back in. so thats something to think about.

You are a wise black, man.
McJesuz
TWL Member
03-10-2012 10:01 PM / profile

it was only top 16 right? (#17 here, balls).
asshat84
TWL Member
03-11-2012 09:32 AM / profile

yeah changed from the top 8 to the top 16 because the league turned out to be such a cluster with the very confusing scoring and just some piss poor match making.
McJesuz
TWL Member
03-12-2012 12:52 AM / profile

we were rank #17, close call in points, if there is a no show count us in (3 days after start of tourny, w/e)
New Thread / Reply to Thread

advertisement

TWL® NA Time: 4/21/2014 3:04:11 AM
TWL® EU Time: 4/21/2014 9:04:11 AM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions