oh, hai btw

Odio
Plays With Dolls
11-04-2011 08:50 PM / profile

Nope.
WarrioreX
TWL Member
11-08-2011 02:00 PM / profile

This game is already better than t2 with its many bugs.
Midair King
TWL Member
11-08-2011 04:44 PM / profile

Originally posted by: WarrioreX
This game is already better than t2 with its many bugs.

I hope you're joking. They might as well call it Halo: Ascend because that's the only way people will keep playing it.
WarrioreX
TWL Member
11-08-2011 06:10 PM / profile

if it helps you sleep better at night, u can call it what ever you want
Steven_Seagal
TWL Member
TeamWarfare Vet
11-09-2011 01:27 PM / profile

not sure why everyone's so butthurt about T:A. I think it's a ton of fun so far. It's not T1 with better graphics, but that's a terrible idea in the first place considering the best stuff about T1 was only do-able because of a glitch.

It needs more of the original weapons/traditional loadouts,. but considering it's going to be in beta for atleast 4 months i'm sure they'll have time to work them in. Also considering creating micro-transactions for new load outs is the business plan for the game, there's prolly gonna be more different types of weapons than borderlands.

As far as skiing(IE: the most important aspect of tribes) goes.. it's really the only tribes game that has got it right IMO. Now they just need to work on packs and more futuristic weapons, which is a really thin line to walk.
Odio
Plays With Dolls
11-10-2011 06:19 AM / profile

Two guns and one of them is always going to be garbage.
Steven_Seagal
TWL Member
TeamWarfare Vet
11-10-2011 10:10 AM / profile

Not necessarily, you just have to get use to using them. I hated both of the shotties at first, but now that I figured out how to use them right, they're perfect finishing weapons.

Only loadout that I can think of that doesn't have an effective second is maybe sentinel (sniper loadout) and once you get use to it you can do a fair amount of damage.

They've got a fair amount of little stuff like that to work on, but for something that just left alpha earlier this week , I'd say they're doin good.
WarrioreX
TWL Member
11-10-2011 10:28 AM / profile

its definitely feeling fun so far, but yeah they have to fix a lot of things.

-packs need to be fixed
-an extra gun needs to be added to each loadout
-inventories need actual functionality
-t2 movement physics need to be scrapped in favor of t:v
>Wu|-Violator
TWL Member
11-11-2011 01:47 PM / profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c19o6KklDks&feature=channel_video_title
K-r-a-s-h
I'm rank
TeamWarfare Vet
11-11-2011 10:54 PM / profile

its definitely feeling fun so far, but yeah they have to fix a lot of things.

-packs need to be fixed
-an extra gun needs to be added to each loadout
-inventories need actual functionality
-t2 movement physics need to be scrapped in favor of t:v

why the fuck would they do anything to resemble tribes fail, err i mean vengeance. Have you not noticed they are trying to distance themselves from that pos game.
WarrioreX
TWL Member
11-12-2011 11:42 AM / profile

its quite certain that t:v would have been more successful than t2 if the developers weren't forced to stop supporting it, if proper advertising was implemented, and lastly if there was as much (if not more) content as t2.

this leads to the conclusion that T:V's game engine and physics are both vastly superior to its predecessors.

Originally posted by: K r a s h
Have you not noticed they are trying to distance themselves from that pos game.

if you've been keeping up with the times, then you should know that they're actually trying to distance themselves from the likes of you

there's seriously no explanation for why people like the sloppiness of t2 compared to T:V lol
IcelandSpar
TWL Member
11-12-2011 03:30 PM / profile

its quite certain that t:v would have been more successful than t2 if the developers weren't forced to stop supporting it, if proper advertising was implemented, and lastly if there was as much (if not more) content as t2.

this leads to the conclusion that T:V's game engine and physics are both vastly superior to its predecessors.

if you've been keeping up with the times, then you should know that they're actually trying to distance themselves from the likes of you

there's seriously no explanation for why people like the sloppiness of t2 compared to T:V lol

I am convinced that you're trolling.
K-r-a-s-h
I'm rank
TeamWarfare Vet
11-12-2011 11:11 PM / profile

Really, care to give me some links to your evidence there? They don't even acknowledge TV in their intro videos, and consider this game the successor to tribes/tribes 2. Wheres your logic now? Fail TV players are fail!
doublelong
TWL Member
11-13-2011 01:38 AM / profile

oh look its gonna be fun:

http://www.aimjunkies.com/forums/f281/tribes-ascend-cheat-hack-aimbot-4388/
Steven_Seagal
TWL Member
TeamWarfare Vet
11-13-2011 02:21 AM / profile

Originally posted by: doublelong

Thankfully all they got to do is create a decent punk buster, which shouldn't be that hard considering you have to register accounts to play and it's an actual company that's running the game now, rather than just a community.

Really, care to give me some links to your evidence there? They don't even acknowledge TV in their intro videos, and consider this game the successor to tribes/tribes 2. Wheres your logic now? Fail TV players are fail!

They don't acknowledge T:V because it was never patched and was abandoned from the start. It just didn't have the the hype like T2 did plain and simple. Not because of reviews, but simply because online FPS's weren't generating money and MMORPG's where.

As far as the comparison between t2 and t:v goes, T:V was never ment to be T3, but more less an arena version of T2 until dynamix went under, because they weren't able to make enough money off of T2, which makes sense considering it's only about 30% as good as T1. The idea and early work for T:V got picked up by vivendi and they released what appears to be a early beta (considering the demo has better graphics and more voice commands). Why? I have no idea, that may be part of why vivendi isn't a serious part of the game market anymore.

As for T:V or T2 having superior physics, i feel like T:A is really the only game to get it right since T1 accidentally did over a decade ago. T2 is an utter failure as far as movement goes, T1 was great but it was an accident, and T:V was just too easy. This new one honors T1 and still manages to allow carving and separates jumping from skiing.

Something that would be a reasonable discussion now wouldn't be along the lines of physics, but more-so along the lines of weapons. What packs and weapons did T2 have that, supposably, made it so much better/skilled than t:v?

Midair King
TWL Member
11-13-2011 03:07 AM / profile

You answered your own question. T2 is better because its not arena 24/7.

Tribes Vengeance is just team deathmatch plain and simple. You're either dueling in the midfield or chasing the flag carrier. Everything else was just an afterthought. What it DID get right--because thats all it had-- was combat. The freedom of movement, the slow disc making MA's easier, the chaingun. Great combat but such a shallow, shallow game for it to revolve around CTF.

T2 on the other hand blows any of the Tribes games away in terms of content. Content that isn't an afterthought but was meticulously sculpted into greatness. Even the voice animations are so goofy and inspired that you can't help but giggle at such perfect execution. I can't even tell you how much more points I would give T2 over T:V because the "Hi" animation is an actual (and funny) wave, instead of a retarded salute. **Mind you, we're all playing Classic now not that slow as molasses base. They seriously fucked up there**

But in a T2 game there's so much going on at once so much you can do that's its so refreshing everytime. From cloaking and deploying an inv in a Katabatic base, to handpicking a l33t 3man bomber crew that survives the whole map its just an incredibly rich experience.
Midair King
TWL Member
11-13-2011 03:15 AM / profile

T2 was my first Tribes game and still my favorite. Never have i laughed so hard playing online from the simplest of things like targeting lasers and enemy players waving at you from a distance.

It's probably the only game i've played that seems like i'm really playing against online people with there own personality's and not against bots with different player names. This and the laughs alone keep me coming back for more.
Lorenzo HI
TWL Member
11-13-2011 11:29 AM / profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fCqg92qks&ob=av3e
doublelong
TWL Member
11-13-2011 01:58 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Lorenzo HI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fCqg92qks&ob=av3e

I like this one more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDhfYxT4bs
WarrioreX
TWL Member
11-13-2011 05:17 PM / profile

I see you forgot which game engine they chose to build this game off of.

I'll give you a hint, it has nothing to do with t2.

I've also recalled them stating how unappealing the skiing was in t2.

(Remember, that's why they decided to implement T:V skiing instead of t2 )

...so did your dimwitted mind forget these things? or should I have expected this coming from a T2 player?

Originally posted by: Midair King
Tribes Vengeance is just team deathmatch plain and simple. You're either dueling in the midfield or chasing the flag carrier. Everything else was just an afterthought. What it DID get right--because thats all it had-- was combat. The freedom of movement, the slow disc making MA's easier, the chaingun. Great combat but such a shallow, shallow game for it to revolve around CTF.

So you're saying fighting is a practical and fun option in this game, you're able to chase the flag carrier, the freedom of movement is vastly superior, but there is less content in the game?

I appreciate the reiteration, but did you have to make yourself look like an idiot by calling it TDM?

New Thread / Reply to Thread
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »

advertisement
GamerModz - Design Your Gear

TWL® NA Time: 8/30/2014 8:16:15 PM
TWL® EU Time: 8/31/2014 2:16:15 AM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions